Thursday, September 20, 2012

Best Fried Rice Ever!!

Hey, All! I know this is completely, off the beaten path, different turn on my blog, but I just had to share this simple, but awesome Fried Rice recipe.

I found it on Pinterest on the "Life as a Lofthouse blog," and thought I'd give it a try. This is one lip licking, tummy tickle, tasty dish.

Next time I make it, I think I'm going to add some chicken to it, and I'll have a complete dish. Ahhh, I think I know what I'm going to have for lunch. . . today! ;)

Well, now that I have my stomach growling, here's the recipe:
 
Fried Rice
3 cups cooked white rice (day old or leftover rice works best!)
3 tbs sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce

On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender. Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled. Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated!
 
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Project Journal said...

Sounds really delicious!! If only I didn't have to work through the lunch hour tomorrow right up through dinnertime :( Maybe Sunday I can try it! :)
Thanks for sharing!